New Projects in our Research Lab
New Projects in our
Wet-wall Automation Controller
Image already added
What is Industrial Automation ?
What are the benefits of an industrial automation ?
Industrial automation or automatic control is the use of various control systems for operating equipment such as machinery, processes in factories, boilers, and heat treating ovens, switching in telephone networks, steering, and stabilization of ships, aircraft and other applications with minimal or reduced human intervention. Some processes have been completely automated.
The biggest benefit of automation is that it saves labor, however, it is also used to save energy and materials and to improve quality, accuracy, and precision.
The term automation, inspired by the earlier word automatic (coming from automaton), was not widely used before 1947 when General Motors established the automation department. It was during this time that industry was rapidly adopting feedback controllers, which were introduced in the 1930s.
Automation has been achieved by various means including mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, electronic and computers, usually in combination. Complicated systems, such as modern factories, airplanes, and ships typically use all these combined techniques.
Advantages and disadvantages
The main advantages of automation are:
- Increased throughput or productivity.
- Improved quality or increased predictability of quality.
- Improved robustness (consistency), of processes or product.
- Increased consistency of output.
- Reduced direct human labor costs and expenses.
The following methods are often employed to improve productivity, quality, or robustness.
- Install automation in operations to reduce cycle time.
- Install automation where a high degree of accuracy is required.
- Replacing human operators in tasks that involve hard physical or monotonous work.
- Replacing humans in tasks done in dangerous environments (i.e. fire, space, volcanoes, nuclear facilities, underwater, etc.)
- Performing tasks that are beyond human capabilities of size, weight, speed, endurance, etc.
- Economic improvement: Automation may improve in economy of enterprises, society or most of humanity. For example, when an enterprise invests in automation, technology recovers its investment; or when a state or country increases its income due to automation like Germany or Japan in the 20th Century.
- Reduces operation time and work handling time significantly.
- Frees up workers to take on other roles.
- Provides higher level jobs in the development, deployment, maintenance and running of the automated processes.
The main disadvantages of automation are:
- Security Threats/Vulnerability: An automated system may have a limited level of intelligence, and is, therefore, more susceptible to committing errors outside of its immediate scope of knowledge (e.g., it is typically unable to apply the rules of simple logic to general propositions).
- Unpredictable/excessive development costs: The research and development cost of automating a process may exceed the cost saved by the automation itself.
- High initial cost: The automation of a new product or plant typically requires a very large initial investment in comparison with the unit cost of the product, although the cost of automation may be spread among many products and over time.
In manufacturing, the purpose of automation has shifted to issues broader than productivity, cost, and time.
We choose the BEST VENDORS – Our Laboratory recommends
WECON Technology Co., Ltd. (commonly referred to as WECON) is a Chinese high technology company, headquartered in Fuzhou, Fujian. That independently develops, manufactures, supports and sells human-machine interface, programmable logic controller. WECON products are widely used in machinery and equipment, metallurgy, chemical, oil and other.
Chang Shuan Electronics Co., Ltd. was established on July 30, 1991. Owing to our excellent quality, service, and reliability as well as kind support from the customers, our business led a fast growth.
For world wide market expansion, we build up a new brand name “ADTEK”. Customers will see the logo anywhere in the near future.
Energy efficiency has become a major issue of global concern, Chang Shuan Electronics Co., Ltd. is committed to provide energy-saving and carbon reduction program, superb security monitoring environment, real-time data measurement and other services for our customers, and regard it as our duty and mission.
We helps customers to improve the awareness of environment, which is our new market positioning (energy efficiency, electricity safety management) and impetus of growth.
Xiamen Haiwell Technology Co,.Ltd was founded in 2005 and has been the global leader in PLC automation control industry. It’s a high-tech enterprise, integrating independent research and development, production, sales, and services. As one of the earliest participants in the Chinese industrial control market, Haiwell has long been focused on the improvement of automation level in the industrial control field and committed to the research and development of industrial automation core control system, in order to provide the integrated solution for industrial automation equipment manufacturers.
UniMAT Automation. We provide comprehensive automation solution for the upgrade of manufacturing industries. We strive to become the global leading and respected provider of industrial automatic products and services.
“Forged trust on quality, get triumph through the heart” is our business philosophy. As a national high-tech and Double Software enterprise, we spare no effort in innovation and invest more than 10% of our sales revenue on R&D, and now we already won a number of national patents.
We have a professional test team, perfect test system and advanced test equipment which can provide a reliable guarantee for all our products. To ensure product quality, we strictly enforce ISO9001 quality assurance system. All of our products have gotten CE certification. Every day we think about how to bring more value to our customers.
Unite the world and control the future with intelligence.
Mibbo (Xiamen) Automation Technology Co., LTD focus on high quality industrial control components product research and development, production, sales, location services in high-end equipment manufacturers and system integrators, on the basis of developing the technology with independent intellectual property rights, close to the line to provide high quality products and personalized solutions, realizes the enterprise value and customer value grow together
Shandong Renke Control Technology Co., Ltd. is located in the beautiful city of Ji’nan, Shandong PeopleSoft Control Technology Co. subsidiary company. The company mainly engaged in temperature and humidity transmitter, temperature and humidity sensors, network transmitter, a variety of environmental monitoring terminal, is a research and development, production, sales as one of the Integrated Company.
Our Successful Projects
Successfully completed the development and installation of the first phase of the new computerized climate control system “TALISMAN” for the American University of Sharjah.
Successfully completed the development and installation of the first phase of the new computerized climate control system “TALISMAN” for the Majid Al Futtaim Properties – MAF Tower 2.
Successfully completed the development and installation new computerized climate control system “TALISMAN” for the 4 Point by Sheraton Kuwait.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Successfully completed the development and installation of the first phase of the new computerized climate control system “AQUILON-M3” for the Premier Inn Hotel in Abu Dhabi International Airport.
Successfully completed the development and installation of the new computerized climate control system “AQUILON-M2” for the Al Ghurair Centre (Tower-4) in Dubai.
Successfully completed the development and installation of the 4 new Biocide Dosing System “AQUILON-BIO” for the Lamprell Facilities in Hamriyah Free Zone.
Umm Al Quwain, UAE
Successfully completed the development and installation of the new computerized climate control system “AQUILON-MX4” for the Sheikh Khalifa General Hospital in Umm Al Quwain.
Successfully completed the development and installation of the new computerized climate control system “AQUILON-MX4” for the NMC Specialty Hospital in Dubai (Al Nahda).